Candle Care & Safety

Candle Care Tips & Safety

We would like you to enjoy every moment of your beautifully selected candles and maximize the burning time, so please ensure you follow below tips and safety precautions when burning your candles.

Candle Care Tips

First Burn: When you burn your candle for the first time, please allow 1-4 hours (depending on the brand) until the wax pool melt its way to the edge of the candle jar. This is to ensure that your candle doesn't tunnel, and will always burn evenly which gives your candle a wonderful long life.

Wick Trimming: Each time when you relight your candle, please trim off the mushroom to avoid smoke, and make sure the wick is around 1cm high. We recommend to trim your candle wicks by using our wick trimmer. This keeps the integrity of the wick in place. 

Wick Position: A perfect burning candle is also dependent on the wick position. Please make sure that the wick always sits centered. If the wick is too long, it can favour a side thus causing uneven burn. If you notice that the wick is off centre, please reposition it into the centre while the wax is still molten. 

Candle Burning Safety Precautions

  • Always burn your candle at a heat resistant surface, away from flammable materials. 
  • Never leave a burning candle unattended, and keep out of reach of children and pets. 
  • Always trim the wicks to 5mm-1cm, so the flame is not too large for the jar.
  • Do not burn your candle all the way down to risk the jar overheating when empty. When you see there's less than 1cm wax left in the jar, discontinue burning. 
  • If your candle has smoke around the top of the jar, this may be because you have burnt the candle for too long, or you haven't trimmed the wicks. Soot around the jars is not uncommon. You can wipe it off by using a damp cloth or paper towel or baby wipe, leaving your candle jar crystal clear. 
  • There may be a lot more smoke towards the end of your candle life. This is because of the flame and fragrance oil setting at the bottom of the jar. It is completely normal.

Recycle your candle jar after use. Or give it a new life. :)